Minutes of the
ONE HUNDRED THIRTY SECOND SESSION
ORIGINAL FREE WILL BAPTISTS
Marsh Swamp OFWB Church
October 18, 2018
The Reverend Charles L. Renfrow, Moderator (2018)
The Reverend Buddy Sasser, Vice Moderator (2019)
The Reverend George Futrelle, Clerk (2018)
The Reverend Sherman Dilley, Treasurer (2019)
The Reverend David Currie, Member at large (2019)
Board of Trustees
The Reverent Don Fleming (2019)
The Reverend Anderson Barnes (2018)
The Reverend Chris Bagley (2018)
Board of Ordination
The Reverend Ray Wells, Chairman (2022)
The Reverend Lewis Forsythe, (2021)
The Reverend Howard Scott (2023)
The Reverend Terry Ellis (2024)
The Reverend Almond Warrick (2018)
The Reverend Franklin (Barry) Stallings (2019)
The Reverend De Wayne Eakes (2020)
The Reverend John Davis (2018)
The Reverend Cody Proctor (2019)
The Reverend Stanley Kirby (2019)
Western Conference Ministers
ALLEN, JERRY: 217 Corbett Rd. Clayton, NC 27520; 919-553-5232
BAGLEY, CHRISTOPHER: 2830 Powhatan Rd. Clayton, NC 27527; 919-669-3011 firstname.lastname@example.org
BARBOUR, LARRY 2502 Saint Christopher Circle Unit 10, Wilson, NC 27893; 252-291-8449
BARNES, ANDERSON: 104 Jordan Bluff Place, Pikeville, NC 26863; 919-223-8980 email@example.com
BLACKMAN, WALTER: 950 Branch Chapel Church Rd. Selma, NC 27576; 919-965-3918 firstname.lastname@example.org
BOGLE, JAMES E: 504 Deer Flag Lane, Clayton, NC; 919-934-4022 email@example.com
BRANTLEY, WILLIAM V. SR. 5228 Water Front Drive, Rocky Mount, NC 27803; 252-883-3020 firstname.lastname@example.org
BROWN, HARRY: 3308 Hope Valley Rd. Durham, NC 27707; 919-489-8584 email@example.com
BUNN, RONEY: 7655 Leonard Rd. Kenly, NC 27542; 252-293-4428 firstname.lastname@example.org
COATS, JAMIE: 1503 Kenmore Drive, Clayton, NC 27520; 919-879-8179; email@example.com
CRANK, FRED: 26 N. Fred Circle, Kenly, NC 27542; 910-920-4045; firstname.lastname@example.org
CROCKER, MICHAEL: 4505 Lennox Drive, NW, Wilson, NC 27896; 252-876-1230; email@example.com
CUDDINGTON, RICHARD JR: 761 Cuddington Rd. Kenly, NC 27542; 919-284-6837 firstname.lastname@example.org
CURRIE, DAVID: 5062 NC Hwy 581 Sims, NC 27880; 252-235-3105 email@example.com
DAVIS, JOHN JOSEPH: PO Box 342 Clayton, NC 27528; 919-625-0105 firstname.lastname@example.org
DAVIS, LUKE RYEN 640 Rosewood Road, Goldsboro, NC 27530; 919-222-2346 email@example.com
DEANS, RON: 10067 Liles Rd. Bailey, NC 27807; 252-290-4407 firstname.lastname@example.org
DILLEY, SHERMAN: 105 Woods Circle Mt. Olive, NC 28365; 919-738-0237 email@example.com
EAKES, DE WAYNE: P.O. Box 298 Lucama, NC 27851; 252-230-3241 firstname.lastname@example.org
ELLIS, JAMES TERRY: 2007 Ridge Ct. Clayton, NC 27520; 919-553-5358 email@example.com
ELLIS, MATTHEW: 105 Twin Oaks Place Goldsboro, NC 27530; 919-440-8319
EVANS, DUANE: 1370 Old Moore Rd. Selma, NC 27576; 919-796-1101
FERRELL, BOBBY: PO Box 746 Lucama, NC 27851; 252-239-0026
FLEMING, DON: 2005 N. Salemburg Hwy., Salemburg, NC 28385; 919-222-6177 firstname.lastname@example.org
FOREHAND, KENNETH: 4 Kings Grand Ct. Durham, NC 27703-2740; 919-596-7148 email@example.com
FORSYTHE, LEWIS: 7648 Woodbridge Road, Stantonsburg, NC 27883; 919-920-4000 firstname.lastname@example.org
FUTRELL, BOBBY: 345 Lancaster Road Pikeville, NC 27863; 252-289-5097 email@example.com
FUTRELLE, GEORGE H: 705 Hillcrest Dr. Mount Olive, NC 28365; 910-296-7244 firstname.lastname@example.org
GARDNER, BARRY: 7501 S. Old Carriage Rd. Rocky Mount, NC 27803, 252-442-3879
GLOSSON, RICHARD: 6280 US Hwy 17, Vanceboro, NC 28586; 919-922-5829 email@example.com
GODFREY, GORDON: 6979 Hinnant-Edgerton Road Kenly, NC 27542; 919-210-6651 firstname.lastname@example.org
GODWIN, LEWIS: 120 Hilltop Drive Four Oaks, NC 27524; 919-938-1568 email@example.com
GORDON, NORMAN JR: 405 Orange Factory Rd. Bahama, NC 27503; 919-471-8171 firstname.lastname@example.org
HALL, PHILLIP CHRIS: 7541 Newton Grove Highway, Dunn, NC 28334; 910-366-3787 email@example.com
HALL, RONNIE: 422 Barbour St. Clayton, 27520; 919-553-6070 firstname.lastname@example.org
HARGROVE, WAYNE: 15649 NC 131 Hwy., Bladenboro, NC 28320; 919-634-5282 email@example.com
HARGIS, LLOYD: PO Box 625 Clayton, NC 27528; 919-592-6416 firstname.lastname@example.org
HARWOOD, CLIFFORD Jr: PO Box 511 Black Creek, NC 27813; 252-246-0620
HOLMES, RICHARD: 118 B Fort Warren Avenue. FE Warren AFB, Wyoming, 82005; 318-734-7777 email@example.com
JOHNSON, FRED: 11 Epping Ct. Durham, NC 27703; 919-596-2389 firstname.lastname@example.org
JONES, CURTIS: 733 Lightfoot Dr. Clayton, NC 27520; 919-553 5338 email@example.com
JONES, HAROLD: 1791 Worthington Rd. Greenville, NC 27858; 252-756-9732 firstname.lastname@example.org
KEENER, ALVIN: 102 Country Road, La Grange, NC 28551; 919-222-1131 email@example.com
KELLY, WILLARD T: 8950 Hwy 222, Middlesex, NC 27557; 919-796-2597 firstname.lastname@example.org
KING, G. WAYNE: 16 Talmont Pl, Little Rock, AR 72223-9054; 318-541-1828 email@example.com
KIRBY, STANLEY W: 5128 NC 222 East, Kenly, NC 27542; 919-222-3124 firstname.lastname@example.org
KRIGER, DAVID: PO Box 655 Fremont, NC 27830; 919-242-7106 email@example.com
LANCASTER, H. DANIEL 1084 Pikeville-Princeton Road, Pikeville, NC 27863; 252-205-1190 firstname.lastname@example.org
LEE, TROY JR: 1197 Mabry Road, Angier, NC 27501; 919-422-6696 email@example.com
MASSENGILL, JOHN: 3255 Lassiter Rd. Four Oaks, NC 27524; 919-938-3693 firstname.lastname@example.org
MATTHEWS, LARRY N: 2210 Mt. Zion Church Rd. Nashville, NC 27856; 252 955-3010 email@example.com
MATTHEWS, STANLEY G, 207 Nor-Am Rd. Pikeville, NC 27863; 919-921-0642 firstname.lastname@example.org
MCFATTER, TIMMY R: 3916 Country Club Drive, Wilson, NC 27896-8128; 252-245-2033 email@example.com
NARRON, ERIC: 500 Crockers Nub Rd. Middlesex, NC 27557; 919-284-0087 firstname.lastname@example.org
NICHOLSON, PAUL: 298 Parrish Memorial Rd. Selma, NC 27576; 919-284-5962 email@example.com
OWENS, CHUCK: 107 Harding Drive, Washington, NC 27889; 252-289-7669
OWENS RUDY: 1515 U.S. 70-A East, Selma, NC 27576; 919-965-2796 firstname.lastname@example.org
PEARCE, JAMES ROGER: 11738 Liles Rd. Bailey, NC 27807; 252-235-4141 email@example.com
PEARCE, JONATHAN L. 118 Spring Branch Dr. Four Oaks, NC 27524; 919-989-4812 firstname.lastname@example.org
PIERCE, FREDERICK: PO Box 35 Pikeville, NC 27863; 919-920-7715 email@example.com
PROCTOR, CODY: 121 Wilander Drive, Cary, NC 27511; 919-631-6813 firstname.lastname@example.org
RADFORD, DOUG: 4335 Nantucket Dr. Wilson, N 27896; 252-230-9742 email@example.com
RENFROW, CHARLES L: 10300 Old Beulah Rd. Kenly, NC 27542; 919-965-7495 firstname.lastname@example.org
ROGERSON, JR., JAMES MELVIN: 405 Holly Drive, Rocky Mount, NC 27803; 252-886-2564 email@example.com
SANDERS, DOUG: 809 Iris St. Clayton, NC 27520; 919-553-7916
SASSER, BUDDY: 808 N Webb St. Selma, NC 27576; 252-560-2845 firstname.lastname@example.org
SCOTT, HOWARD: 5092 NC 581 N., Kenly, NC 27542; 919-284-5028 email@example.com
SEXTON, JASON: 4613 Windsor Road, Elm City, NC 27822; 252-289-0907 JL.Sexton@woodmen.org
SHERMAN, JASON: 216 West Harper Street, Snow Hill, NC 28580; 919-524-6895
SHERROD, DENNIS: 3487 Macedonia Rd. Spring Hope, NC 27882; 252-478-3708 firstname.lastname@example.org
SINGLETON, HEBER (DICK) JR: 2100 A Memorial Church Rd. Fremont, NC 27830; 919-242-4723 email@example.com
SMITH, PRESTON: 100 N. Applewood Ct. Rocky Mount, NC 27803; 252-443-1226 psmith105@suddenlink..net
STALLINGS, FRANKLIN G. (BARRY): 1660 Davis Mill Rd. Fremont, NC 27830; 919-242-9743 firstname.lastname@example.org
STANLEY, ALLEN: 102 Creekside Dr. Selma, NC 27576; 919-965-3383 email@example.com
TYNDALL, WALTER 5473 Appie Rd. Walstonburg, NC 27888; 252-753-5005 firstname.lastname@example.org
WAGNON, KENNETH (BUDDY): 5812 Phillips Landing Dr. Wake Forest, NC 27587; 919-554-4427 email@example.com
WARD, THOMAS: 4644-B Hwy 222 E. Kenly, NC 27542; 919-242-8181 firstname.lastname@example.org
WARRICK, ALMOND JR: 20 Azalea Dr. Smithfield, NC 27577; 919-989-9407 email@example.com
WATFORD, HEYWARD: 2402 N. Old Carriage Rd., Rocky Mount, NC 27804; 252-801-5967 firstname.lastname@example.org
WELLS, RAY: 6661 Rock Ridge School Rd. Sims, NC 27880; 252-243-6498, 252-230-0925 email@example.com
WESTERFIELD, JEFFREY C. 1273 Hinnant Road, Selma, NC 27576; 301-751-6037 firstname.lastname@example.org
WHITLEY, WAYNE: 4332 Winfield Ct. Elm City, NC 27822; 252-245-1211
WILLIAMS, JOHN 1233 North Fork Rd., Black Mountain, NC 28711; 828-669-7677 email@example.com
Ordained Ministers from other Conferences serving in the Western Conference
BARNES, GREG, Central Conference, serving Milbournie
CASEY, DUANE, Cape Fear, serving Micro
LETCHWORTH, LARRY Central Conference, serving Harmony
SMART, KELLEY, Central Conference, serving Little Rock Church
STANCIL, GREG: Eastern Conference, serving Antioch
SULLIVAN, JOHNNY: Central Conference, serving Rains Crossroads
WHITFIELD, JOSHUA: Central Conference, serving Stoney Creek Church
WILLIAMS, JOSEPH D. Central Conference, serving Stoney Creek Church
WILLIAMSON, AUBREY Cape Fear, serving Kenly Free Will Baptist Church
WILLIAMSON, BARRY WAYNE Central Conference, serving Stoney Creek Church
Approved or Renewed for License to Preach in the Western Conference
BENSON, CLARENCE MICHAEL: 1233 Tulip Street, Clayton, NC 27520; 919-669-7912
VESTER, DANIEL POPE, 14175 NC Hwy 42 E, Kenly, NC 27542; (252) 230-4303 firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEELER, WILLIAM BRYAN: 5271 US Highway 117 North, Pikeville, NC; 919-921-2579 27863William.B.Wheeler@ncdps.gov
Licensed Ministers from other Conferences serving in Western Conference
The One-Hundred and Thirty Second Session of the Western Conference of Original Free Will Baptist convened at Marsh Swamp Free Will Baptist Church, Sims, North Carolina, on October 18, 2018, at 9:00 am. The Reverend George Futrelle, Clerk, called the conference to order. A warm welcome was given by Rev. Ray Wells. Mr. Daniel Vester read from Scripture and opened the Conference with prayer, followed by a congregational hymn, “When We All Get to Heaven.” The Reverend Charles L. Renfrow, Moderator, recognized visitors and gave his address “Get Out Of The Church” using Matthew 5:13-16. The Moderator directed the Clerk to call the roll of the Ministers and Churches. The roll was called and documented. The Moderator then appointed the Temporary Committees; Nominating, Resolutions, Credentials and Memorial. The Moderator called for the Executive Committee Report and announced that the Committee only had need of meeting one time during the year.
The Western Conference Executive Committee report was given by the Clerk, The Reverend George Futrelle.
Western Conference Executive Committee Meeting
August 28, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. at Micro Original Free Will Baptist Church
Rev. Charles L. Renfrow, Moderator, Rev. Sherman Dilley, Treasurer and Rev. George Futrelle, Clerk, attended.
Rev. Buddy Sasser, Vice Moderator and Rev. David Currie, Member-at-Large, were both unable to attend.
The meeting was called to order by the Moderator, The Reverend Charles L. Renfrow, who opened with prayer.
The Moderator reported there had been no business to come before the Executive Committee since the 2017 Annual Conference. The purpose of this meeting was to plan the 2018 Annual Conference, which will be held on Thursday, October 18, 2018 at Marsh Swamp OFWB Church at 9:00 a.m. Registration to begin at 8:00 a.m.
The Treasurer reported that the current checking account balance was $5,375.09.
The upcoming annual conference program was discussed. Committee appointments were made by the Moderator and the program was planned.
There was no other business to discuss. The meeting was adjourned.
Rev. George H. Futrelle, Conference Clerk
The minutes of the Executive Committee Report were received as information.
The Treasurer’s Report was distributed and given by the Reverend Sherman Dilley. A detailed report copy can be obtained from Rev. Dilley. A summary is as follows:
Western Conference Treasurer’s Report
October 18, 2018 – Marsh Swamp FWB, Sims, NC
Financial Report October 12, 2017 thru October 17, 2018
Beginning Balance October 2017 $5,718.65
Total Disbursements $-6,579.67
Checkbook Balance as of Oct. 17, 2018 $ 4,828.98
The treasurer’s report was received as information.
Rev. Barry Stallings gave the Board of Ordination report.
REPORT OF THE WESTERN CONFERENCE
BOARD OF ORDINATION
SESSION NUMBER 132 OF THE WESTERN CONFERENCE
MARSH SWAMP OFWB CHURCH
OCTOBER 18th, 2018
The Western Conference Board of Ordination met (9) times since the last annual session of the Conference. Four were scheduled meetings, three were electronic meetings where action was taken via e-mail and two were for an Ordination Services. Your Board of Ordination submits the following report and makes the following recommendations for your approval:
- Approved for License to Preach the Gospel:
Kevin Aycock Everett Chapel OFWB Church
- Renewed License to Preach the Gospel:
Daniel Vester Marsh Swamp OFWB Church
William B. Wheeler Pleasant Grove OFWB Church
Clarence M. Benson Everett Chapel OFWB Church
- Ministers Ordained since the last Conference:
Rev. Jason Sexton Kenly OFWB Church
Rev. Willard T. Kelly Everett Chapel OFWB Church
- Credentials Surrendered:
Rev. Tim Beasley
- Credentials Revoked:
Rev. Terry Hardison
Rev. Cam Ash
- Ministers Approved to Pastor in Western Conference:
Rev. Josh Whitfield Stoney Creek OFWB Church
- Ministers Transferring/Exchanging Credentials with the Western Conference:
Rev. Alvin Keener (from the Central Conference)
Rev. Michael Crocker (from the Eastern Conference)
- Ministers No Longer Approved to Pastor in Western Conference
Rev. Terry Hardison
Rev. Cam Ash
- License Period:
There is a one-year term on the license to preach the gospel with a five-year maximum on the amount of time allowed to preach under license in preparation for ordination. If at any time the licensed minister allows the license to lapse, the entire licensing process must be restarted beginning with the recommendation of the local church to the Board of Ordination.
- Requirements for Ordination:
We commend to our member churches and to all of our licensed ministers the attached Requirements for Ordination. This document will serve as a checklist for our licensed ministers as they move toward ordination. This document will also aid our churches in answering initial questions that a candidate might have in regards to the requirements for ordination.
- Conference Attendance:
- A. Any minister (licensed or ordained) holding membership in the Western Conference, who fails to attend the annual session of the Conference for two consecutive years or fails to send a letter showing reasonable excuse for non-attendance, is subject to censure and/or the revocation of his credentials of ordination.
- All ministers (licensed or ordained) serving in the Western Conference in any pastoral position are required to register and attend the annual session of the Western Conference. Pastoral positions include but are not limited to pastors, associate pastors, and youth ministers. Failure to attend two consecutive years or failure to send a letter showing reasonable cause for non-attendance will subject the minister to censure and/or the revocation of credentials.
- Annual Convention Attendance:
Any minister (licensed and ordained) holding membership in the Western Conference is required to register and attend at least one day of our annual two-day OFWB Convention which meets Wednesday and Thursday following the second Sunday of May on the Mount Olive College Campus. A letter stating reasonable cause will also be accepted in lieu of this requirement. It may be sent to either the Clerk of the Board of Ordination or the Clerk of the Conference (not to the Convention office or the President of the Convention).
- Ministers Transferring into the Western Conference:
- A. From Sister Conferences: These ministers must be cleared with the Western Conference Board of Ordination prior to assuming the pastorate to which they are called. This is the responsibility of the church calling the minister; however, the minister should be sure it has been done prior to beginning the prospective work. This is a simple procedure designed to protect our churches from harm. Our churches are not independent of the Conference as is true in some other denominations and groups.
- B. From other Denominations: For this information you are referred to page 89 of our Articles of Faith & Principles of Church Government.
- The Christian Flag Service for Ministers:
The Board of Ordination will serve as the Conference Christian Flag Committee. Any minister serving in the Western Conference at the time of his death will be given the Christian Flag Service if the minister has so requested or the family so desires. The flag will be purchased by the Conference.
- Items for Praise:
- Our newly licensed and ordained ministers
- Our new members by baptism or transfer into the member churches of the Western Conference.
- Things a Licensed Minister Can and Cannot Do:
- A licensed minister cannot be called or hired as pastor (or associate) of any church (we need the cooperation of both our churches and our ministers on this item).
- A licensed minister can serve a church on an interim or supply basis under the supervision of his Board of Ordination Advisor or another ordained minister as directed by the Board of Ordination. This service is to be limited to six months in any one church. If the church wishes an extension on the services of the licensed minister, the church must appeal to the Board of Ordination.
- A licensed minister cannot administer the ordinances of the Gospel.
- A licensed minister cannot perform wedding ceremonies.
- A licensed minister can conduct worship services, preach, and teach as the opportunities are afforded to the licensed minister.
- A licensed minister can officiate in a funeral service.
- A Licensed minister can be elected to serve as temporary chairman of a business meeting with the exceptions as outlined on pg. 74, paragraph 2 of The Articles of Faith and Principles of Church Government.
- A licensed minister can vote at the annual conference.
- Recommendations to the Conference:
- The ministers ordained since our last conference, the Reverend Jason Sexton and the Reverend Willard Kelly be welcomed into the Conference with the Right Hand of Fellowship by the Moderator and their names be added to the list of duly ordained ministers of the Western Conference by the Conference Clerk.
- The ministers joining our conference by transfer of credentials – The Reverend Alvin Keener and the Reverend Michael Crocker, be welcomed into the Conference with the Right Hand of Fellowship by the Moderator and their names be added to the list of duly ordained ministers of the Western Conference by the Conference Clerk.
- Newly licensed minister, Brother Kevin Aycock be added to the list of licensed ministers by the Conference Clerk.
- That all our ministers, both ordained and licensed, continue to abide by our current Ministerial Code of Ethics.
- That our churches not call ordained or licensed ministers from other denominations to serve as interim or to do supply work. Our churches be reminded of the statement from page 68 of The Articles of Faith and Principles of Church Government for Original Free Will Baptists (Of the English General Baptist Heritage): “The Church shall call its own pastor from among the duly ordained Original Free Will Baptist ministers who are approved by the Conference of which the church is a member, upon such terms as shall be mutually agreeable.”
- We request that our ministers inform the board of ordination when they resign from their church. This is so that we can assist our churches in the search process and interim period.
- The Board of Ordination recommends that the Conference strongly encourage all current and future licensed ministers to attend annual workshops conducted by the Western Conference Ordaining Council or in conjunction with workshops of other Ordaining Councils, or other groups within our denomination.
- That this report, in its entirety, be received by the Conference and these recommendations be accepted by the Conference as submitted.
Western Conference Board of Ordination:
Ray Wells, Chair
De W. Eakes
Barry Stallings, Clerk
Motion was made, seconded, and passed to receive the Board of Ordination report as presented.
The Moderator recognized the newly ordained ministers, Rev. Jason Sexton and Rev. Willard Kelley and welcomed them into the conference. Clarence Benson and Daniel Vester, licensed ministers, were unable to attend. Rev. Fred Crank and Rev. Hayward Watford, III were introduced and all were welcomed into the Western Conference with the right hand of fellowship.
The Moderator opened the floor for any new business. Rev. David Currie asked if Licensed and Ordained Ministers who have not attended in several years were being contacted by the Board of Ordination. Rev. Barry Stallings responded that they were. The Moderator announced that Spring Hill OFWB Church in Goldsboro had offered to host the 2019 annual conference to be held on Thursday, October 17, 2019. The Moderator announced a meet and greet for Dr. and Mrs. David Poole, new President and First Lady of the University of Mount Olive, to be held October 18, 2018 at 6:30 pm at Micro OFWB Church.
Rev. De Eakes made a motion for the conference to contribute the same as in 2017 to the various denominational ministries. The motion was seconded and passed.
After a short break, the Moderator asked for the denominational ministry representatives to come forward and report. Mr. Gary Lee reported on behalf of the Children’s Home. The Reverend Harold Jones reported on behalf of the Board of Foreign Missions. Reverend Ronnie Taylor reported on behalf of the Retirement Homes Ministry. The Reverend Dr. De Wayne Eakes reported on behalf of the Free Will Baptist Ministers Program. The Reverend Dr. Frankie Baggett reported on behalf of the Board of Home Missions and then reported in the absence of Mrs. Gail Heath, Director of Christian Education. The Reverend Al Warrick reported on behalf of “Covenant.” Mrs. Sharlene Scott reported on behalf of the University of Mount Olive. Ms. Angela Mattox reported on behalf of Cragmont and the Reverend Dr. Rudy Owens reported on behalf of Carolina Bible Institute and Seminary.
A break was enjoyed and the conference reconvened with a beautiful piano prelude, prayer and the receipt of the annual conference offering.
The Reverend Charles L. Renfrow introduced the Reverend Lewis Forsythe who brought a message from Acts 9: 10-20 entitled “Roadblocks.”
The Moderator called for the Temporary Committee reports. The Nominating Committee Report was given by Rev. Ray Wells. Moderator who announced that the nominating committee will put into nomination the following: Moderator, The Reverend Almond Warrick, term expiring 2020, Assistant Moderator, The Reverend David Currie, filling the unexpired term of The Reverend Buddy Sasser, term expiring 2019; Conference Clerk, The Reverend Anderson Barnes, term expiring 2020. Member at Large, The Reverend Stanley Kirby, filling the unexpired term of The Reverend David Currie, 2019; Board of Trustees, The Reverend Walt Tyndall and The Reverend Eric Narron, 2020; Credentials Committee: The Reverend Larry Matthews, filling the unexpired term of The Reverend Stanley Kirby, expiring in 2019. The Reverend Chris Bagley and The Reverend John Davis, both terms expire in 2020. The report was received upon motion and a proper second. The floor was opened for nominations from the floor. There were no nominations received from the floor. A motion to close the nominations was made, seconded and passed. A motion to elect the officers as presented by the Nominating Committee was made, seconded and passed.
The Moderator called for the Resolutions Committee Report and the report was given Rev. De Wayne Eakes: A resolution was read as follows: Whereas, Marsh Swamp Original Free Will Baptist Church has invited this One Hundred and Thirty Second Session of the Western Conference of the Original Free Will Baptists to convene at this place on this the eighteenth day of October, 2018; and Whereas, they have so graciously evidenced the gift of Christian hospitality in providing for the needs of this Conference during its session; Therefore, be it resolved that this conference extends to this congregation and to its pastor a rising vote of thanks for so graciously hosting this session of the Western Conference of Original Free Will Baptists.
The Reverend Stanley Kirby gave the Credentials Committee Report. It was reported that 49 Ministers, 31 Delegates and 6 Visitors were registered, totaling 86. The Credentials Committee Report was received as information.
The Memorial Committee Report was given by Rev. Lloyd Hargis who gave honor to God for the lives of The Reverend Garry Bissette and The Reverend Eunice S. “Buddy” Sasser, Jr.
The Moderator opened the floor for any final business to be brought before the conference. A motion was made and properly seconded to send $500 each to Convention Services to add Brothers Eunice “Buddy” Sasser and Garry Bissette to the Wall of Honor.
A motion was made by Reverend Ray Wells for The Reverend Charles L. Renfrow to fill Reverend Almond Warrick’s unexpired term on the Board of Ordination. The motion was properly seconded and the motion passed.
Rev. Ray Wells made a motion to adjourn, leaving all unfinished business in the hands of the Executive Committee. The motion was seconded and passed and the conference was adjourned. A delicious meal was served in the fellowship hall by members of the Marsh Swamp Original Free Will Baptist Church.
Rev. Charles L. Renfrow, Western Conference Moderator
Rev. Sherman Dilley, Treasurer
Rev. David Currie, Member at Large
Rev. George Futrelle, Conference Clerk